Is there nothing more a marvel of science than The Twinkie? Yes, it might “disappear” if Hostess goes bankrupt…but thanks to Roger Bennatti, we know that a Twinkie never truly dies. Back in 1976 as a science teacher in Maine, Bennatti sought to teach his students the nutritional benefits of the Twinkie, conducting the following experiment: how long would the succulent yellow treat last? Like, if you just left it on the table or under your bed or something.
Apparently, the answer to that question is 36 years and counting.
Currently residing (as all beloved relics and crazy science experiments are) in a simple glass box, the Twinkie in question apparently shows no sign of sagging, mold, or other deficiencies. In short: it is the perfect food.
The confection has also outlasted Bennatti’s tenure at George Stevens Academy, as he retired from the school when the Twinkie was 28. Now…it is in the possession of Science.
- tinaalsgirl reblogged this from gallifreygal
- tinaalsgirl likes this
- ladyzanzibar reblogged this from theravennest
- echo6979 reblogged this from mtvgeek
- zombiesandstarwars reblogged this from mynameisjeremie
- bixbee reblogged this from mtvgeek and added:
- avogadros-avocados reblogged this from theravennest
- jessant likes this
- jfailed likes this
- rachelraaaaage reblogged this from mtvgeek
- endlesskng reblogged this from gallifreygal
- theravennest reblogged this from gallifreygal
- echomoon reblogged this from gallifreygal
- gallifreygal reblogged this from mtvgeek
- flamiekitten likes this
- ellingtonboots reblogged this from mtvgeek
- ninjachocobogirl likes this
- themohawkqueen reblogged this from mtvgeek
- monuts likes this
- monuts reblogged this from mtvgeek
- megajules likes this
- nir-llama-vana reblogged this from mtvgeek
- nir-llama-vana likes this
- gallifreygal likes this
- brbdistracted likes this
- mynameisjeremie reblogged this from mtvgeek
- hasta-quemarnos likes this
- noitsroman likes this
- mtvgeek posted this